Attorney Travis Mohler concentrates his practice on representing individuals who have been injured or killed by the negligence or carelessness of others. He has experience in litigating claims involving tractor trailer accidents, catastrophic injuries, “deliberate intent” (workplace accidents), construction accidents, industrial accidents, and wrongful death. Travis also represents consumers injured by defective products in product liability actions. In addition, Travis routinely represents clients in claims involving trucking accidents, motor vehicle accidents, and other personal injury claims.
Since joining Colombo Law in 2007, Travis has served as co-counsel on many wrongful death and catastrophic injury verdicts and settlements. Along with Dino Colombo, Mr. Mohler has served as co-counsel on multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of clients who were catastrophically injured or killed by the negligence of others.
- $18.25 Million – Trucking Collision – Trucking company hired an unqualified truck driver who caused catastrophic injuries.
- $5.5 Million – Trucking Collision – A distracted truck driver caused catastrophic injuries to our client who was on his way home from work; Colombo Law alleged and proved a joint venture increasing our client’s recovery.
- $21.5 Million – Burn Victim – Details account the nature of the case and parties involved are confidential.
- $3 Million – Natural Gas Well-Site Explosion – An explosion at a natural gas well-site caused severe burns to a natural gas worker.
- $4.75 Million – Distracted Driver – Commercial truck driver using his cell phone while driving.
In 2012, Travis was selected for membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40. This membership is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those trial lawyers who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40.
In 2015, Travis was nominated by his peers and selected as a Super Lawyers’ Rising Star in both Ohio and West Virginia; an award limited to the top 2 1/2 percent of lawyers under 40 in each state. Mr. Mohler is Lead Counsel Rated.
Mr. Mohler is a member of the West Virginia Bar Association, The National Trial Lawyers, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association (NTLA), and the American Association for Justice.
Travis attended Ohio University in Athens, Ohio where he received a Bachelor of Business Administration, cum laude, in 2003. Travis received his law degree from Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio where he graduated summa cum laude. While in law school, Mr. Mohler served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Gregory L. Frost of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Travis currently resides in his hometown of Columbus, Ohio with his wife, daughter, and son.
- Capital University (J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2007)
- Staff Member, Capital University Law Review, 2005-2006.
- Ohio University (B.A. Finance and M.I.S., cum laude, 2003)
- State of West Virginia, 2008
- State of Ohio, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- United States District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Federal Claims
DISCLAIMER: Verdicts and Settlements are listed on this website for informational purposes only. Future verdicts or settlements cannot necessarily be predicted from prior results. Colombo Law makes no guarantee that the same results could be obtained for other clients in similar matters. Each case depends on its own unique facts, strengths and weaknesses, severity of damages/injuries, credibility of witnesses, availability of insurance coverage, and many other facts that can affect a claim's verdict and/or settlement amount. Because of this, you cannot assume that the same result would occur for you in your state under the particular facts of your case.