Attorney Kala Sowers focuses her practice on representing individuals who have been injured due to the negligence or carelessness of others. Kala has experience litigating a wide range of personal injury cases including car wrecks, pedestrian accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, wrongful death, and deliberate intent. Previously a defense attorney, Kala has an in-depth understanding of how the insurance companies handle claims, and she uses that knowledge to help her clients deal with the insurance companies, and understand what to expect throughout the claims process. Kala is admitted to practice law in West Virginia State Courts, as well as Federal Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia.
Kala was born and raised in Crown City, Ohio. For her undergraduate studies, she attended Marshall University in Huntington, WV, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors of Business Administration. Thereafter, Kala received her law degree from West Virginia University College of Law. Upon graduation, Kala was ranked in the top 15% of her class.
In 2016, Kala was nominated by her peers and selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, an award limited to the top 2.5% of lawyers under 40 in each state.
In her spare time, Kala enjoys attending Mountaineer sporting events and spending time with her husband, Kevin, and their son, Jack.
- WVU College of Law J.D., 2010
- CALI, Property
- CALI, Trial Advocacy
- CALI, Business Transactions Drafting
- Law Review, Associate Editor, 2008-09
- Law Review, Notes & Articles Selection Editor, 2009-10
- Academic Excellence Program Tutor, Property I
- WVU Board of Trustees Scholarship Recipient
- Top 15% of class
- Marshall University
- B.B.A Business Management, 2005
- Magna Cum Laude
- State of West Virginia, 2010
- US District Court for the Southern District of WV, 2010
- US District Court for the Northern District of WV, 2010