Situated in Licking County and along the Licking River lies Pataskala. With a population of 15,458, Pataskala is small town home to several golf courses and plenty of locally owned attractions.
Those looking to hit the links can head over to Willow Run Golf Course, Cumberland Trail Golf Club, or the Broadview Golf Course for 18 holes of golfing paradise. Pataskala also has plenty of fun things for kids to do. Parents can take their little ones to Lynd’s Fruit Farm, visit Kelly Marie’s Pottery, or challenge themselves to a game at Urban Zombie Hunt.
Residents often head to the Mead-Needham Museum to get a taste of both local and national historical artifacts and learn more about the history of Licking County. There’s also a ton of seasonal fun to be had during Pumpkinpalooza, an all day festival celebrating fall with kid-friendly attractions, food, and hayrides.
Pataskala may be a small town but it’s location off major roads like Interstate 70 and State Route 161 means that it sees a fair amount of traffic every year. Unfortunately, that also means that car accidents and truck accidents can be a common occurrence. The personal injuries that result from these accidents, and others like workplace accidents, can leave Pataskala residents suffering and in pain with thousands of dollars in medical bills.
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Pataskala, OH
Fortunately, the Pataskala personal injury lawyers at Colombo Law are members of the community who put their time and effort into helping injured victims. Because we are local, if you are injured and cannot make it to our office for a free consultation, our personal injury lawyers will come to your Pataskala home. If you or a loved one live in Pataskala and have suffered an injury at the hands of someone acting negligently, we can help. All you have to do is schedule a free consultation with our firm to find out if you have a case.
Pataskala Personal Injury Case Types
Our attorneys help a variety of victims of personal injuries and accidents, including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Natural Gas Injuries
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Personal Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
It is a personal injury lawyer’s job to understand the law and how it protects injured victims. They use this knowledge to fight for injured victims’ rights and make sure they are compensated fairly. To ensure that injured members of the community receive compensation for their injuries, personal injury lawyers have to:
- Gather evidence
- Work with expert witnesses
- Demonstrate how your accident happened and why you deserve compensation
- Negotiate settlements whenever possible
- Prepare cases for court
How do Pataskala Personal Injury Cases Work?
Personal injury lawsuits and cases can all differ depending on case details, the circumstances of the accident, and who is liable. In general, most of them resemble or follow this structure:
- You are the victim of someone else’s negligence, and your injuries are a direct result of that negligence.
- You know you need help proving your right to compensation, so you hire a Pataskala, OH personal injury attorney.
- Your attorney gets to work conducting an investigation, collecting evidence, and gathering police reports, medical bills, and other investigation reports. They also handle communicating with the at-fault party and their lawyers and insurers.
- The information outlined above is often used to put together a demand letter that details your injuries, expenses, and how much compensation you should get. Your lawyer then sends this information for the at-fault party’s lawyer’s or insurer’s review.
- Now that the at-fault party’s representatives have the information they need, they’ll have an opportunity to settle out of court. If they agree to a fair settlement, your case will be end shortly.
- If they don’t, Colombo law may have to file a lawsuit and/or go to court to get the money you deserve.
- After filing a lawsuit,it is still possible for a case to be settled. It is at this stage that the discovery phase begins and both parties exchange more information in order to prepare their cases.
- If the at-fault party is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, the lawyers at Colombo Law will prepare your case for trial and present your case to a jury and ask the jury to award you the compensation you deserve.
What Expenses Can I Be Compensated for in a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury victims are usually able to claim compensation for some of the following items:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions in Pataskala Personal Injury Claims
If you’re not sure whether or not you want to file a personal injury claim, don’t worry. We understand this is a complicated process and that’s why we’ve compiled some questions so you can better understand how personal injury cases work and what to expect.
How do I file a personal injury claim in Pataskala, Ohio?
You should begin by contacting a Pataskala personal injury lawyer. At Colombo Law, our Pataskala attorneys will take this burden off your shoulders and walk with you through every step of this process. Do make sure to contact a lawyer ASAP however, because even though most Ohio personal injury cases have a two-year statute of limitations, others can be shorter and this makes it crucial to act quickly.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Pataskala, Ohio?
The lawyers at Colombo Law charge contingent fees that are based on whether or not we win or successfully settle your case. If we aren’t successful, you don’t owe us any attorney fee. If we are, we may charge one-third of your settlement and sometimes more for very complicated cases.
How much compensation can I expect from a Pataskala, Ohio personal injury claim?
We aren’t able to predict how much your claim is worth before we sit down with you in an initial consultation to learn more about your case and injuries. But, fortunately, we offer free consultations, so it doesn’t cost you anything to find out if you have a case.
Do I have to go to court in Pataskala, Ohio to file a personal injury claim?
Not usually. We are able to settle many cases out of court. It’s not ideal, but sometimes we do end up having to take the at-fault party to court to help you get the compensation you deserve. Pataskala is in Licking County, Ohio, which means if you do have to file a lawsuit, Colombo Law will likely file your case in the Licking County Court of Common Pleas; however, depending on the circumstances your case may be filed in another state or federal court.
How long does the personal injury claim process take in Pataskala, Ohio?
Putting together a strong personal injury case takes time. It also takes time to complete the entire process, so while some cases may last months others could last years.
The at-fault party’s insurance company offered me a settlement. Should I take it?
The answer to this question is almost always, NO. You should never take settlements, never sign paperwork, or even speak to insurance adjustors. Instead, refer anyone who contacts you to your lawyer.
Local, Experienced, Pataskala, Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers
If you’ve been in an accident you may be hurt, stressed, and worried about the future. The good news is that in many cases you may be able to recover compensation to help you through this difficult time. The Pataskala, OH personal injury lawyers at Colombo Law can help you find out if you have a case. We’re ready and waiting to help injured victims throughout Pataskala and in surrounding areas like:
- Bright Waters
- Jefferson Ridge
- Legacy Estates
- Highland Hills
- Summit Station
- Taylor Glen
Getting started is simple. All you have to do is contact us or give us a call at 614-362-7000 to schedule your free consultation and begin the process of getting your life back on track after an accident.