Hebron’s close proximity to Interstate 70 means that it does get visited by a fair amount of truckers and travelers who are making their way across Ohio. Unfortunately, this traffic also brings a certain number of car accidents and truck accidents with it. Accidents like these, along with workplace accidents can cause serious personal injuries that can leave residents suffering physically, emotionally, and financially. If you or a loved one have been in an accident in Hebron, OH, contact Colombo Law to schedule a free consultation and find out if you have a case.
Hebron Personal Injury Case Types
Helping accident and injury victims is our specialty. We work with those who are suffering after:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Natural Gas Injuries
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Personal Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
A personal injury lawyer does everything they can to help injured victims. They use their legal knowledge and years of experience to do things that will prove the at-fault party’s negligence and your right to compensation. Some of those things include:
- Collecting evidence
- Soliciting the help of expert witnesses
- Outlining accident details and proving why you deserve compensation
- Negotiating fair settlements for injured victims
- Preparing lawsuits
- If necessary, taking your case to a trial before a jury
How do Hebron Personal Injury Cases Work?
Filing a personal injury claim can be hard, which is why it’s best to let a legal professional help you. Even so, it can be useful for you to have an idea of these cases are structure so you know what to expect out of the process:
- Your case begins after someone’s negligence injures you.
- You solicit the help of a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
- Your lawyer starts working to investigate your case and gather evidence immediately. They also open communications with the defendant and their legal representatives.
- Once this last phase is complete, your lawyer may use the details of your accident, injuries, and right to compensation to create a demand package. If they do, they’ll send this information to the other party’s lawyer or insurance company.
- If they want to end your claim the easy way, the other party will offer you a fair settlement.
- If they prefer to make this process difficult, you may have to take them to court to get what you deserve.
- Now both parties’ lawyers will enter the discovery phase, but the at-fault party can still choose to settle at any point during this time.
- If the at-fault party or their insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, the lawyers at Colombo Law will prepare your case for trial and present your case to a jury and ask the jury to award you the compensation you deserve
What Expenses Can I Be Compensated for in a Personal Injury Case?
Some common things personal injury victims may be able to receive compensation for include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions in Hebron Personal Injury Claims
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers. Check out some of the most common questions we get as Hebron personal injury attorneys:
How do I file a personal injury claim in Hebron, Ohio?
First, you find an experienced personal injury lawyer you trust, like the ones at Colombo Law. Doing this sooner rather than later will allow your case to be filled ASAP and will cut down on the risk of missing the window provided by Ohio’s statutes of limitations.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Hebron, Ohio?
The lawyers at Colombo get paid by what is called a “contingent fee”. What that means is, if we work with you, and we aren’t able to help you get the money you deserve, we won’t charge you any fees at all. The victims we are able to help are usually charged at a rate of one-third their settlement or award, but that could increase if the case is difficult.
How much compensation can I expect from a Hebron, Ohio personal injury claim?
We can’t tell you how much your case is worth without knowing more details and beginning an investigation. Fortunately, we offer free consultations, so it does not cost you anything to find out if you have a case.
Do I have to go to court in Hebron, Ohio to file a personal injury claim?
Probably not. Most of the time we can settle out of court. If we do have to go to court, we will be with you every step of the way and do our best to make this difficult time less stressful. Hebron is in Licking County, Ohio, which means if you do have to file a lawsuit, Colombo Law will likely file your case in the Licking County Court of Common Pleas; however, depending on the circumstances your case may be filed in another state or federal court.
How long does the personal injury claim process take in Hebron, Ohio?
There’s no set time frame for this kind of thing. Cases can take months or years depending on how complicated they are.
The at-fault party’s insurance company offered me a settlement. Should I take it?
The answer to this question is almost always, NO. Never take settlements, or sign papers, or even talk to insurance adjustors on your own. Always have your attorney present or refer whoever is contacting you to speak to your attorney themselves.
Local, Experienced, Hebron, Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers
After you’ve been injured, you’re already dealing with a lot. Don’t make the whole thing harder by attempting to handle your own personal injury case. We’re ready and waiting to help personal injury victims in Hebron and surrounding neighborhoods like:
- Beaver Run
- Harbor Hills
- Waters Edge Estates
- Buckeye Lake
- Fairfield Beach
Don’t hesitate, and don’t waste valuable time. Contact the Heath personal injury attorneys at Colombo Law or give us a call at 614-362-7000 to schedule a free consultation for your case.