Circleville is a small Ohio city with 13,902 residents as of 2016 and each October it hosts the famous Circleville Pumpkin Show.
Residents and students of Ohio Christian University enjoy strolling around at places like A.W. Marion State Park, Mary Virginia Crites Hannan Park, and Stage’s Pond State Nature Preserve. They can also enjoy a tour of the Ted Lewis Museum or enjoy a locally made glass of wine from the Manchester Hill Winery.
Circleville may be small, but it’s home to a large amount of manufacturing companies. DuPont’s largest Ohio chemical plant is in Circleville, as are large operations run by companies like GE Lighting, PACCAR, and Georgia-Pacific.
All of this industry is wonderful for Circleville’s economy, and provides a stable source of income for many Circleville families; but it does have its downsides. Workplace injuries are common in the manufacturing world, and the increased traffic around these areas means car accidents and truck accidents are too.
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Circleville, OH
If you or someone you love has suffered a personal injury at the hands of a negligent individual, business, or employer, you can get help from the Circleville, Ohio personal injury lawyers at Colombo Law. Get started and find out if you have a case by scheduling a free consultation with us.
Circleville Personal Injury Case Types
We specialize in helping the victims of many different kinds of accidents and personal injuries, including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Natural Gas Injuries
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Personal Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Personal injury lawyers handle every detail of personal injury claims and lawsuits so that you, as in injured victim, can focus on healing and getting better. That means your lawyer will take care of a variety of tasks, like:
- Collecting evidence
- Talking to expert witnesses
- Demonstrating your right to compensation
- Negotiating fair settlements
- Preparing lawsuits and court cases
How do Circleville Personal Injury Cases Work?
There is no script to be followed when filing a personal injury claim. That said, many cases follow a similar structure:
- You are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence.
- You find a personal injury lawyer you trust.
- Your attorney starts an investigation where they look at evidence and collect police reports, investigative reports, and medical bills. They also communicate with the defendant, their lawyer, and their insurance company.
- In many cases, your lawyer uses this information to make a demand package. They send this to the at-fault party’s representatives so they can review the details of your injuries, expenses, and how much compensation your lawyer thinks you are deserving of.
- Now the other party has an opportunity to offer you a fair settlement and, if they do, your case will be over soon.
- If they don’t however, Colombo Law may have no choice but to go to file a lawsuit to get the money you deserve. While this is not ideal, the attorneys at Colombo Law do this every day and will be there by your side every step of the way.
- Personal injury lawsuits can still be settled after a lawsuit is filed and before the case goes to trial. As the lawsuit is prepared, both parties’ lawyers engage in the “discovery” process where they exchange vital case information.
- If your case is not settled before trial, you and your lawyers will have to go to court in order for a jury to hear your case and make a final decision on how much compensation you deserve.
What Expenses Can I Be Compensated for in a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury victims may have a valid claim for compensation for things like:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions in Circleville Personal Injury Claims
You may be worried or struggling to understand some aspects of the personal injury claim process; and that’s ok. To help out, we created a list of some of the most common questions we’re asked so that you can learn more about how personal injury claims in Circleville, OH work.
How do I file a personal injury claim in Circleville, Ohio?
It’s easy; just contact the Circleville personal injury lawyers at Colombo Law and let us do the rest. We’ll take care of everything, including make sure your case is filed in time. Just contact us as soon as possible, because not every personal injury claim is subject to the average two-year statute of limitations.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Circleville, Ohio?
Our consultations are always free. We don’t even charge for our services unless we help you get the compensation you deserve. If we are successful, we typically charge one-third of the settlement for easier cases and a bit more for harder ones.
How much compensation can I expect from a Circleville, Ohio personal injury claim?
We aren’t able to predict how much your claim is worth before we sit down with you in an initial consultation to learn more about your case and injuries. But, fortunately, we offer free consultations – so it does not cost you anything to find out if you have a case.
Do I have to go to court in Circleville, Ohio to file a personal injury claim?
Not always. Many cases are settled before trial. Only those that aren’t actually go to court. Circleville is in Pickaway County, Ohio, which means if you do have to file a lawsuit, Colombo Law will likely file your case in the Pickaway County Court of Common Pleas; however, depending on the circumstances your case may be filed in another state or federal court.
How long does the personal injury claim process take in Circleville, Ohio?
Filing a claim, finishing the discovery process, negotiating a settlement, and going to trial can all take quite a while; in some cases months or years.
The at-fault party’s insurance company offered me a settlement. Should I take it?
The answer to this question is almost always, NO. You should never take settlements, never sign paperwork, or even speak to insurance adjustors. Instead, refer anyone who contacts you to your lawyer.
Local, Experienced, Circleville, Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers
You deserve peace after an accident, and one of the best ways to get that is by being compensated for your injuries. At Colombo Law, our personal injury lawyers have helped many personal injury victims in Circleville and surrounding areas like:
- Florence Chapel
- Brooks Miller
- South Circleville
- Logan Elm Village
Get in touch with us as soon as you are able, so that we can begin your case and help you get better that much faster. Contact us or call us at 614-362-7000 to schedule your free initial consultation.