Chillicothe, Ohio is encircled by water, sitting in between the Scioto River and Paint Creek. It boasts a population of 21,725 people and is home to plenty of parks and trails.
Located in the middle of town, Yoctangee Park is the biggest park in the city, and houses playgrounds, ball fields, tennis courts, and the Henry Good skatepark. Yoctangee is also host to many festivals and events each year, including the Southern Ohio Storytelling Festival and the Feast of the Flowering Moon Festival.
Outdoor enthusiasts can also enjoy Poland Park, Goldie Gunlock Park, or the Hopewell Culture National Historical Park. Cyclists can enjoy a ride along the Scioto River floodwall trail or the Tri-County Triangle Trail. Those looking to do something a little more low-key can enjoy a Paints game at V.A. Memorial Stadium or catch a show or movie at the historic Majestic Theatre.
Chillicothe has no shortage of things to do, but unfortunately, residents who are suffering from personal injuries don’t get to take advantage of all their town has to offer. Instead, they spend their days in pain, wondering whether they’re going to get better and wondering how they’re going to pay for the mountain of medical bills that’s accumulating.
Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Chillicothe, OH
Whether you were in a car accident, truck accident, workplace accident, or were injured in another kind of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you can’t lose hope. The Chillicothe, Ohio personal injury lawyers at Colombo Law are here to help you keep the faith and fight for the compensation you deserve after an accident or injury. All you have to do is get in touch with us to schedule a free consultation and find out if you have a case.
Chillicothe Personal Injury Case Types
Our lawyers are here to help the victims of:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Natural Gas Injuries
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Personal Injuries
- Premises Liability Injuries
What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Personal injury lawyers attend years of school and put in countless hours of effort to learn the law and how accident victims are protected under it. Their job is to prove that the at-fault party acted negligently and demonstrate why the victim deserve compensation. They do this by:
- Gathering evidence
- Working with expert witnesses
- Showing how your accident happened and proving that you deserve compensation
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
- Preparing lawsuits and court cases
- Understand how Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations work and how they protect the public
How do Chillicothe Personal Injury Cases Work?
Not sure what the process of filing a personal injury case looks like? We’re here to help. While not every case is the same, most follow a general structure like the one below:
- Someone acts negligently and injures you as a result
- You know you deserve compensation but you aren’t sure how to get it, so you hire the Chillicothe personal injury attorneys at Colombo Law
- We get to work right away by starting an investigation, collecting evidence, and handling communications with the at-fault party’s lawyer or insurance adjusters.
- Lots of times, your lawyer will turn this information into a demand letter that provides details on your injuries, expenses, and how much compensation you need to cover your bills. They’ll then send this letter to the at-fault party’s attorney or insurance company.
- The demand letter gives the at-fault party everything they need to know, and now they have an opportunity to offer you a settlement that’s fair. If they do, your case will end soon afterwards and you will receive compensation for your injuries.
- If they don’t, you and your lawyer will have to prepare to a file a lawsuit.
- As they are gathering the information they need to represent you in court, your lawyer will stay in contact with the other party. There is always a chance the other party will attempt to settle before the day of the trial arrives.
- If the at-fault party is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, the lawyers at Colombo Law will prepare your case for trial and present your case to a jury and ask the jury to force the at-fault party to pay you the compensation you deserve.
What Expenses Can I Be Compensated for in a Personal Injury Case?
This depends on the circumstances surrounding your accident and what you’ve suffered as a result. The following are damages that personal injury victims may be able to receive compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Wrongful death
Frequently Asked Questions in Chillicothe Personal Injury Claims
We are happy to answer any questions you may have in regard to how the personal injury claim process works. Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions, but if you don’t see yours listed here, please feel free to contact us.
How do I file a personal injury claim in Chillicothe, Ohio?
You start by contacting the Chillicothe, OH personal injury lawyers at Colombo Law. It’s critical you do this as soon as possible because, while most personal injury cases in Ohio are under a two-year statute of limitations, others are shorter and we want to be sure we get your case started in time.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Chillicothe, Ohio?
Our services are charged on a contingent basis. That means we won’t charge anything if we aren’t able to help you successfully recover compensation. If we do, we typically charge one-third your award or settlement, and sometimes more in complex cases.
How much compensation can I expect from a Chillicothe, Ohio personal injury claim?
We can’t predict how much your case is worth without knowing more about it and sitting down with you for a free consultation. But, fortunately, we offer free consultations – so it does not cost you anything to find out if you have a case.
Do I have to go to court in Chillicothe, Ohio to file a personal injury claim?
You don’t necessarily have to go to court to file a personal injury claim. We will make every effort to settle your case out of court but, if the other party or its insurance company refuses to compensate you fairly, we may have to go to court to see that you get the money you deserve.
Chillicothe is in Ross County, Ohio, which means if you do have to file a lawsuit, Colombo Law will likely file your case in the Ross County Court of Common Pleas; however, depending on the circumstances your case may be filed in another state or federal court.
How long does the personal injury claim process take in Chillicothe, Ohio?
It depends on how complicated your case is and how willing the other party is to cooperate. In short, some cases take months and others take years.
The at-fault party’s insurance company offered me a settlement. Should I take it?
There is almost no situation in which you should take the first settlement you’re offered. In fact, you shouldn’t even be talking to the other party’s insurance company. Instead, refer insurance adjustors and lawyers to your attorney so that they can handle communications for you and you can focus on getting back on your feet.
Local, Experienced, Chillicothe, Ohio Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one have been hurt by someone else’s negligence, don’t wait to try to get the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers are here to represent personal injury victims in Chillicothe, OH and areas like:
- Belleview Heights
- Brewer Heights
- Richmond Dale
Contact the personal injury lawyers at Colombo Law or give them a call at 614-362-7000 if you have questions, want to discuss your case, or are ready to schedule a free consultation.